The Operations Department is responsible for the effective and efficient daily operation of the District's distribution system. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Monthly meter reading to support bills to customers.
- Maintain district facilities and equipment.
- System flushing.
- Valve maintenance (600).
- Meter maintenance (3,200).
- Pressure reducing station maintenance (19).
- Automatic Control Valve Maintenance (43).
- Availability 24/7 to perform leak repair on District main lines, valves, and meters.
- Supervision and coordination of reservoir and tank cleaning.
- Fire hydrant maintenance (450).
- Perform locates.
- Respond to customer questions/issues in the field.
- Review of plans for new construction.
- Installation of meters for new connections/properties.
- Relocation of services/meters.
- Obtaining and submitting water quality samples.
- Testing of large meters.
- Cross connection (backflow) inspection and compliance.
Manager of Operations